Story Comments

Feedback and suggestions on how we can improve the board is always welcome
PENTUP

Story Comments

Post by PENTUP » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:54 am

On a certain international adult site which must remain anonymous (but which rhymes with 'hush') the comments of readers which are appended to the stories (I've sometimes counted as many as 20) certainly act as a stimulating boost for the contributing authors, who may have toiled over their texts for many hours. I think UKSF members should be encouraged to post comments whenever possible.

PS: On a mildly jocular note, I once had a run-in with one of said site's notoriously picky Moderators, who told me (on rejecting the story I had submitted: "You clearly don't understand the difference between a colon and a semi-colon!"

yurigagarin
Treasurer

Re: Story Comments

Post by yurigagarin » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:26 am

PENTUP wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:54 am
On a certain international adult site which must remain anonymous (but which rhymes with 'hush') the comments of readers which are appended to the stories (I've sometimes counted as many as 20) certainly act as a stimulating boost for the contributing authors, who may have toiled over their texts for many hours. I think UKSF members should be encouraged to post comments whenever possible.

PS: On a mildly jocular note, I once had a run-in with one of said site's notoriously picky Moderators, who told me (on rejecting the story I had submitted: "You clearly don't understand the difference between a colon and a semi-colon!"
That's a very good suggestion PENTUP !
A system whereby the reader can perhaps give a score on the story, plus post constructive comments, would not only encourage the author, but
also act as an indicator towards whether the story subject is of interest ( or not!)
What do you think guys ?
' There are no strangers on this forum, just sexy friends you have yet to chat with '

Diamond
Site Admin

Post by Diamond » Fri Dec 27, 2019 12:48 pm

I know there are vote up and down add ons and maybe rating ones too. If people can suggest what they would like to see I will investigate what is available
Try it. You might like it

Ben Truelove

Post by Ben Truelove » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:34 pm

Well I'm not one for likes, dislikes, smiley faces, etc. but I'm always happy to comment on well-written erotic stories.
I think a story thread should speak for itself and excerpts that have been particularly enjoyed can easily be quoted by the person giving praise to the author.
What we have works for me.
They couldn't see what should have been so obvious.

Diamond
Site Admin

Post by Diamond » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:13 pm

That's fine Ben. Think I'm in agreement with you on this one but let's see what the consensus is

yurigagarin
Treasurer

Post by yurigagarin » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:53 pm

If that's the case then I'm more than happy to agree with you and Ben on this one, and leave things just as they are.
Thanks for the input !
' There are no strangers on this forum, just sexy friends you have yet to chat with '

Diamond
Site Admin

Post by Diamond » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:06 pm

I'm still open to suggestions if anybody else has a preference

PENTUP

Post by PENTUP » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:10 am

I'm happy to be out-voted!

Devon-Ben

Post by Devon-Ben » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:00 pm

I have written a couple on here and also the infamous site referred to. I write for my own pleasure as I'm sure most others do and likes and/or constructive comments are always welcome.
If we write or read said stories, its not to be judged for our or others literary skills.
So write or read and enjoy. But if someone doesn't like a story or subject, the move on, there's nothing to be gained from negative comments.