The UKSF F1 Club

Discuss music, books and any other pastimes

Moderators: Iamsomoney, yurigagarin, WriterLust94

yurigagarin

Re: The UKSF F1 Club

Post by yurigagarin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:21 am

Diamond wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:29 pm
Well. Anyone unsure if they should bother watching the highlights or not.. Watch them, you are in for some action
You're not wrong there Diamond - what an exciting race, with so many incidents !

Max Verstappen was clearly head and shoulders above the rest this weekend - he tried his best but Hamilton could not get
the better of the young Dutchman. And Hamilton did have the good grace to admit the collision with Albon was totally his fault.

And I think the less said about Ferrari the better = Sebastian, what were you thinking ?? :o
There are no strangers here - just lots of sexy friendly folk to chat with ;) ;)

Diamond
Site Admin

Post by Diamond » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:57 pm

He was thinking "if I move left on him he'll see that I deserve to be in front and just let me past. Then I'll.... OH CRAP! "
Try it. You might like it

yurigagarin

Post by yurigagarin » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Diamond wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:57 pm
He was thinking "if I move left on him he'll see that I deserve to be in front and just let me past. Then I'll.... OH CRAP! "
I wouldn't have minded being a fly on the wall at the Ferrari team debrief ! :o
There are no strangers here - just lots of sexy friendly folk to chat with ;) ;)

Diamond
Site Admin

Post by Diamond » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:49 am

That might have been interesting

yurigagarin

Post by yurigagarin » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am

Diamond wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:49 am
That might have been interesting
Most definitely Diamond - I can't wait for the last race - the gloves may well be off !!

Diamond
Site Admin

Post by Diamond » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:45 am

I agree Yuri. Usually once the championship is decided it goes a bit flat. But this year is different, I think both because it was clear from early on that Hamilton was going to walk it, but also because the last few races have shown that there is now a real battle with the top three trans very close on pace, and with the rest of the pack closing on them

Shame its a street circuit though. A track like Interlagos is much better for the last race, IMO

Diamond
Site Admin

Post by Diamond » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:49 am

Onto Abu Dhabi and the last race of the season. Will Hamilton make it 11 wins this season? Will the Ferraris manage to avoid another embarrassing collision? Or can Red Bull continue their recent impressive form?

The driver market is also settled with Latifi taking the second Williams seat as expected. Let's hope they make some progress after what has been a tough year for them

Bottas has also split from his wife due to the strain put on his marriage by being a formula one driver. To be honest I find that pretty sad

Iamsomoney

Post by Iamsomoney » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:48 am

That is very sad. It must be difficult being away from each other for most of the year.
You're so money and you don't even know it!!

Diamond
Site Admin

Post by Diamond » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:39 am

Normally you would say he ought to have made more time, but you don't get to be one of the best drivers in ghe world (as all F1 drivers are) without that being your passion and really your reason for existence. As Steve McQueen's character says in Le Man's, "I'm only alive when I'm racing. The rest of the time is just waiting". But my sympathies are with them both

As if to underline it, Bottas was fastest in both practice sessions although he had an unnecessary accident at the end of second practice. He' ll be setting his car up exclusively for the race. He starts from the back due to engine penalties

And for anyone who thinks they should get rid of grid penalties for using more than the permitted number of dbgine parts this shows why. Engines are expensive, except to the very top teams, and all championships have been decided. If it wasn't for the grid penalties the top teams would be throwing a new fresh engine in each car at every race, wasting millions and ensuring the lower trans don't stand a chance

yurigagarin

Post by yurigagarin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:42 am

Diamond wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:39 am
Normally you would say he ought to have made more time, but you don't get to be one of the best drivers in ghe world (as all F1 drivers are) without that being your passion and really your reason for existence. As Steve McQueen's character says in Le Man's, "I'm only alive when I'm racing. The rest of the time is just waiting". But my sympathies are with them both

As if to underline it, Bottas was fastest in both practice sessions although he had an unnecessary accident at the end of second practice. He' ll be setting his car up exclusively for the race. He starts from the back due to engine penalties

And for anyone who thinks they should get rid of grid penalties for using more than the permitted number of dbgine parts this shows why. Engines are expensive, except to the very top teams, and all championships have been decided. If it wasn't for the grid penalties the top teams would be throwing a new fresh engine in each car at every race, wasting millions and ensuring the lower trans don't stand a chance
Here I go off topic again, but you mention the film 'Le Mans' Diamond. Not a very successful film and not critically acclaimed, but one of my all time favorite movies!
Quite interested to see what the new '66 Le Mans' movie has to offer !
racing is life.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.