Why is being gay still such a big thing?

For general discussions about sex that don't really fall into any of the niche categories
Diamond
Site Admin

Why is being gay still such a big thing?

Post by Diamond » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:16 am

Two events this week made me think of this. Firstly of course Phillip Schofield announcing he is gay. I know there has been suggestions a jilted lover was going to go public, but really why should anyone need to 'announce' their sexuality at all? People don't go around announcing they are straight. Honestly does it matter who Mr Schofield wants to sleep with.

The second was in the US electoral caucusus in Iowa where openly gay (note how nobody is openly straight..) candidate Pete Buttgeig won. The BBC were speaking to one of the voters who said she didn't know he was gay when she voted for him and would have voted for someone else if she had. I know America is a lot more conservative than we are, but really it's sad the world still has people like her
Try it. You might like it

Voshigirl

Re: Why is being gay still such a big thing?

Post by Voshigirl » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:17 pm

I have no problem over anyone being homosexual. Where I do have reservations is where men (it usually is) come out as gay after having been in a relationship with a woman for years. This can only mean one thing. In order to protect the one big lie there must have been hundreds of smaller lies. Thus once a liar always a liar.

jamhuntunion

Re: Why is being gay still such a big thing?

Post by jamhuntunion » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:26 pm

this is a very difficult situation to give an opinion on.everyone has their own life and problems.unless you have experienced the situation it's difficult to express an opinion.I have absolutely no problem with gay people.people live with violent people and you can say why they don't get out.I don't know.I've had diamorphine for pain,so I can understand drug addiction,but there are too many interactions between couples,gay or not,that it's impossible to say what's right or wrong.we've all got something to hide.oh,I masturbate.wife doesn't know.